Our friends at ChangeYourEnergy.com have published a lovely way to make your water more nutritious and detoxifying. Which in return has great healing benefits.
In just a couple minutes, you can get a gallon of water that lasts a few days. The flavor will just get better with time!
- Juice of 5 lemons (or 1 cup) – lemons help cleanse the digestive system and remove toxins
- ½ cup of whole, rinsed mint leaves – mint is great for aiding digestion and is amplified when the body is hydrated
- ½ tsp ginger powder or small piece of fresh, peeled ginger root – ginger helps the body absorb nutrients more effectively and eases the stomach to aid in digestion
- ½ of a cucumber (sliced) – cucumber is a powerhouse of benefits: it hydrates, cools (perfect for hot summer days), aids in weight loss, and nourishes with vitamins
- 1 gallon filtered water
- Fill a large glass gallon jug, preferably with a spout, with filtered water
- Add all ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon
- Put in refrigerator to marinate overnight so the flavors and essences have time to blend
- Fill your water bottle and enjoy!
When you are hydrated, your body can focus on cooling down efficiently rather than wasting precious energy on cooling the body with an insufficient water reserve.